My photo
A Chicago area girl born and bred, I've lived in Mississippi, Montana, Michigan, and...ten years in the wilds of northeastern Indiana, where I fought the noble fight as a book editor. Now, I'm back in Illinois once more...for good. (At least I intend to make it that way!)

Monday, November 02, 2020

A Different Kind of Musical Monday....

Not a lot of stuff gonna be written on the blog today, as I'm just back from a trip to Fort Wayne...to support a friend who's just lost her husband.

This song is one they played at his service. Maybe the finest thing Vince Gill ever did.
And, yes, you're allowed to cry.  This song made me cry BEFORE Patrick died; now that he's gone, and I listen to the words closely, it dawns on me all over again how very appropriate it is--for him, and for today.

Which is, of course...All Souls' Day.

Take a few moments and remember someone special...

Janny

No comments: