My photo
A Chicago area girl born and bred, I've lived in Mississippi, Montana, Michigan, and...ten years in the wilds of northeastern Indiana, where I fought the noble fight as a book editor. Now, I'm back in Illinois once more...for good. (At least I intend to make it that way!)

Monday, September 28, 2020

Happy Musical Monday, Beethoven Edition :-)

Your treat for Musical Monday: one master, played by another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRpSu5oRjM

Leonard Bernstein is reputed to have said about Glenn Gould, "The kid is crazy, but he can play." And "the kid" was, in fact, a little "cray-cray."  But, yeah, he sure COULD play. 

Far as I'm concerned, this is THE definitive recording of this piece. Period.

And if I'm ever stranded on a desert island, I hope I have it along. 

Enjoy!
Janny

No comments: