My photo
A Chicago area girl born and bred, I've lived in Mississippi, Montana, Michigan, and...ten years in the wilds of northeastern Indiana, where I fought the noble fight as a book editor. Now, I'm back in Illinois once more...for good. (At least I intend to make it that way!)

Monday, November 07, 2011

Spreadsheet! I Need a Spreadsheet!

It dawns upon me that with Book Promotion Thingys starting, I need to start actually tracking (as in keeping up with!) what's been done, where I'm scheduled to "appear," etc. Which means...ta-da...a SPREADSHEET!

Don't hate me because I like Excel. It's the administrator in me, I fear. But I don't use it for anything but the most basic of tracking devices. My son, on the other hand, has been known to write and use formulas on Excel that are so complex they actually slow his computer down. There is absolutely no danger of my doing anything like that here. (My computer's slow enough as it is; doesn't need any help.)

BUT...it remains that one of the first orders of bizness this morning probably should be creating a new spreadsheet with some delightfully esoteric and erudite title, like, oh, say, BOOK PROMOTION FOR VOICE OF INNOCENCE.

I know, I know, the creative brilliance inherent in a Monday morning stuns even me.

:-)

Off to make a living,
Janny

2 comments:

Jessica Ferguson said...

I like spreadsheets though I don't know much about them. I'm basic. I use them to keep track of sites I join and note my user name and password. And I use them to note where I submit articles, poems, fillers, etc -- title, submission date and rejection date. :)
Wish I knew enough about them to plot a novel scene by scene. I just like the word ... spreadsheet.

Unknown said...

I hate to break the news, but I think the secret of the world is that it's one big spreadsheet (;