My photo
A Chicago area girl born and bred, I've lived in Mississippi, Montana, Michigan, and...ten years in the wilds of northeastern Indiana, where I fought the noble fight as a book editor. Now, I'm back in Illinois once more...for good. (At least I intend to make it that way!)

Monday, January 18, 2010

Fake Holidays

Yanno, if they're gonna make up fake holidays, the least they can do is decide to give us ALL the day off.
As it stands now, I just want the holidays that my bank, school system, and post office have. That means I ought to be working, oh, say, about three out of every four weeks, right?

Don't get me started on whether it's important to observe this particular fake holiday, either.  Suffice to say that better we should celebrate Jackie Robinson's birthday, or Rosa Parks', than this one.

'nuff said. On to real work which is, of course...the writing.

Thoughts?
Janny

1 comment:

Deb said...

I never celebrate fake holidays. If every ethnic person of merit had his/her own holiday, there'd be a Mother Theresa day, a Raoul Wallenberg day, a Trail of Tears day, a Dwight Eisenhower day...

You get the drift. Unfortunately, not possible. Political correctness, these days, seems to dictate who is Worthy of Honor and who is not.