Wednesday, February 19, 2014

God, Working in Mysterious Ways...Conclusion

Well, my brief sojourn into the possibilities of Radio Stardom in Fort Wayne is over. The polite rejection letter came today. 

(Do I dare say I was a little relieved that it did?)

I do like the fact that they called my background and such "impressive." Considering their needs and what they were going to put the candidate through...I'm not sure my stuff was going to stack up all that well.

I DO know my temperament would not have stacked up with a potential six-month delay before anything would actually HAPPEN with this gig, as in air time.

So I'm very thankful to God for, in this case, saving me from myself. I would have been doing myself and Catholic media a disservice to get back into the field again when I'm so grateful, in essence, to be OUT of it. Only the lure of radio made the potential tradeoff worthwhile; in the end, they'll get the person they need, and I'll have dodged a bullet.

Time to move on with different plans I would like to have for the next 20 years or so.

More to come!
Janny

No comments: